Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why start this new blog?

I am creating this blog to motivate myself to read more science articles and books (and fewer random news articles) and to understand the papers I read better. I will start by posting the articles that I find interesting on the arXiv and once I read them I will post a brief summary. I aim to have one post per week.

Sometime I may talk about books I read and other science I find interesting. Part of the reason to do this is that I spend way too much time on facebook and on random news sites and not enough time being a scientist. I am at the office every day for many hours and yet I do not feel that I accomplish much by the time I go home. When I am home, my mother and Edward and David ask me what I have done today and the usual answer is "nothing" or "not much". Of course, they would not care about the latest papers on the arXiv, but it would at least keep me more up to date with science world.

I apologize in advance for the times I will misunderstand work by other people. I hope it won't be too often. It is, however, important to keep in mind that what I write reflects my opinion and does not represent any institution or anybody else. If I am sometimes wrong, it just proves that I am human.

No comments:

Post a Comment